The term talent acquisition simply refers to the process of hiring, sourcing, interviewing and onboarding employees to a company. It is a part of the corporate recruiting process and it is basically integrated within the Human Resource Vertical.
A Talent Acquisition professional handles strategy and the recruitment process. He also takes care of the execution of the -recruitment campaign. They may be involved not only in finding and screening the right candidates but also making a policy for talent benchmarking, assessment and interviewing policies.
- Determine current staffing needs and produce forecasts
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans
- Lead employment branding initiatives
- Perform sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs
- Plan and conduct recruitment and selection processes (interviews, screening calls etc.)
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience
- Assist in employee retention and development
- Supervise recruiting personnel
- Organize and/or attend career fairs, assessment centers or other events
- Use metrics to create reports and identify areas of improvement
- Proven experience as talent acquisition manager
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and employment branding
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases
- Excellent communicator
- A leader and strategic thinker
- BSc/BA in business administration, human resources or relevant field
A Talent Acquisition Manager earns at around Rs 781,960 per year according to the sources from Payscale.