- A business development executive is a professional who is responsible for helping his organization or client's business grow.
- One of their priorities, include is to help their companies to get new customers or clients and sell more and more additional products or services to existing ones.
- This specifies that this particular role is crucial for any business with the ambition to grow or the compulsion to diversify its horizon.
- Should be very good in identifying and getting as many Sales Leads as possible.
- Launching or making people aware of the new products or services.
- Maintain a healthy and professional relationship with their clients or customers.
- Needs to be good with research skills so as to monitor the trend going on in the market which will help in identifying sales leads.
- They are also tasked with contacting possible clients via email or phone in order to establish an agreement and set up meetings.
- It also includes the creation of power point presentation and display sales.
- Need to contact the clients about the growth, our products have currently made and at the same time keep records of it.
- Needs to negotiate or renegotiate on the prices over a telephonic conversation or by dropping an email or meeting in person.
- Develop quotes and proposals and also create sales goals for the team and make sure that they are met.
- Writing reports and also providing feedbacks at regular intervals to the higher management about how exactly is running currently and also make them aware of the whereabouts.
- Should be very good with verbal and written communication skill.
- The candidate should also be very good with Customer Service.
- Must also have good negotiation skill and very good interpersonal skill.
- Should have the ability to adapt to the various situation and work and execute efficient results under pressure.
- He/she should be an active listener and should have the zeal to learn more and more.
- Should have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Should be totally focussed on getting the targets acquired.
- Should have little knowledge on Microsoft Office tools.
- Should also be able to generate business via cold calling, Social websites for services like SEO and SMM.
A candidate holding a bachelor's degree is eligible enough to apply for a Business Development Executive role. Most companies often prefer degrees relevant to the industry such as candidates possessing a degree in Mass media or marketing will be preferred over other applicants having other irrelevant degrees. For a higher role, recruiters prefer an applicant having a Post-graduate degree like MBA in streams like marketing, mass media etc.
The average salary for a Business Development Executive is Rs 274,184 per year.(Source: Payscale) But right from the entry level to higher level, the salary ranges in between Rs 144,685 - Rs 509,122.