- Accountants are those professionals who are engaged by organizations or individual clients to examine accounts, provide financial advice and manage the administration of the accounts.
- They usually give financial advice to the clients that range from big or multinational organizations to small businesses.
- The accountants make sure that people are aware of the taxes which they owe, about the tax forms.
- Make sure of the amount being well spent, determine the inefficiency in spending and also figure out various ways to improve the revenue.
- Preparing or managing accounts and tax returns.
- Play a hand in payroll administration and manage the expenditure of the organization.
- Responsible for auditing the financial information.
- Gather and present the reports, budgets, financial statements and business plans.
- Analyze the accounts of the organization and business plans.
- Contribute towards an efficient working of the organization and ensure the awareness of the company of its financial condition.
- Should be able to work under tremendous pressure dealing with the bankruptcy cases if any situation arises.
- Handle the negotiation by managing the terms of deals made in business and other such moves or agreement made with clients or organizations.
- Manage colleagues by monitoring their work and help with their workload in order to increase efficiency by meeting the deadlines.
- This position demands candidates who can self-motivate themselves and get it through to implement with more efficiency.
- Should have the ability to reflect on one's own work as well as the wider importance of financial decisions.
- Should have knowledge about the business and should have the willingness to work.
- Should be well organized and should have the ability to finish the work before the deadline.
- Should have a good team-work skills and interpersonal skills.
- Should be Computer literate.
- Should have good analytical skills to monitor the growth of the organization.
- Should be very good with numbers and should be well versed with problem-solving skill.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools.
A candidate applying for an accountant role should hold a relevant degree in the field. An applicant holding a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance would be preferable for this role. Qualifications such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA is an add-on.
The average salary for an Accountant is Rs 234,080 per year. But, from the entry level to the higher level, the salary ranges in between Rs 120,719 - Rs 510,215.